Saturday, June 11, 2016

Blog 1: Milano

Ciao ragazzi!

I have to admit that the first couple days of adjustment to the new country were hard but once the surroundings started to become familiar and I related to the others in the group, it’s beginning to feel like home now. We had our first week of Italian class to learn the language and it was so much fun. Five hours of class a day flew by thanks to our amazingly genuine teachers named Maussimo and Filippo. It is exciting to understand their beautiful language and practicing with locals and anyone on the streets has been a pleasure. Everyone we’ve met within the past six days has been extremely helpful, even if our Italian is very broken, and very welcoming. It’s strange but at the same time the most amazing feeling when you have known a person for a couple of hours but you both seem to truly understand each others roots and what kind of person they are. Friendship seems very easy here and I love that because it’s hard for me to feel that way in the U.S.

            We have seen some pretty incredible things already and I can’t wait to see what we stumble upon next. I do have to say that I hate how fast time is going already. My two favorite places so far are the Neviglia canal and the Duomo area, which is the main circle of Milano. Neviglia is a very modern location that runs along the canal and has shops, restaurants, bars, and gelato stops along the way. Duomo though made me really feel like I was in Milano, Italy. The cathedral is breathtaking and it is so interesting to people watch and “window shop” in some of the upscale, fancy stores. We have been to one club with a group from the college called Erasmus and we all had so much fun and were given a chance to bond with our group and meet new Italians as well. Also who doesn’t love a good drink in hand while you’re breaking it down on the dance floor?! To say the least it has not been what I expected but even better than what I anticipated. We have some free time during the weekends so tomorrow it is off to Lake Komo in Belaggio! Let’s pray that the rain, rain goes away! Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment