Sunday, July 3, 2016

All good things come to an End

            Time is a strange thing and especially being home now after an amazing month in Italy and a whirlwind of travel back to the states, it’s hard to believe that this life-changing program is over. I know I was gone for about a month but it seems like just yesterday I was walking out the door and saying my goodbyes. For my last blog post, I’d like to touch on a few random events throughout my trip and some of the things that people don’t tell you about traveling.

            Don’t get me wrong, I had a blast in Italy and it was like nothing I had ever witnessed before but there were a few days that I had some set backs. When you travel, no matter where you go, it’s important to understand the differences in climate and weather. It was nice, cool, and rainy when we first arrived in Italy but it quickly got very hot and humid, but it was a dryer humidity than we are used to in America. When you have plans to travel it’s best to think ahead and be prepared because you never know what little differences can throw your body off. Also some people think that traveling is a glamorous thing but not all of the time. Being comfortable and staying cool is key because it can sometimes take up to an entire day just to reach your destination and that alone can be exhausting. It was an interesting experience but I learned a lot about how to actually travel and what the best systems and apps to use are. I have no regrets but I can’t wait to return and take care of all of the unfinished business I have in Europe.

            One last thing that I didn’t touch on much was my spontaneous show to La Scala where we saw a German opera. The Opera House alone was something I’ve never seen before and the detail was shocking inside the red and gold covered interior. Even though it was spoken in an entirely different language that I’m not even familiar with, they had English subtitles on a screen in front of each seat so it was still easy to follow the humor, passion, love, and hate between the relationships of the characters. It was very long but definitely worth it and an experience I will never forget. Italy has a place in my heart now and I have to admit that I miss the culture and the feeling that is created from traveling and meeting so many new people. I have plans to return someday!



                                                                                    -Ciao Italia!

No comments:

Post a Comment